Australian Geographic captures the essence and spirit of Australia through its meticulously crafted and beautifully presented stories and photography in print and online.
Our team of journalists, photographers and editors seek to inspire, inform, explain, and entertain, creating a love and connection to Australian nature, science, history, and people.
Australian Geographic supports conservation, adventure and community projects through its charitable foundation, the Australian Geographic Society.
The Australian Geographic editorial team requires a specialist Social Media Producer to bring to life the AG website and magazine content and stories across its social media platforms. This role will work alongside the Digital Managing Editor, as well as the marketing and advertising teams to execute the overall social media strategy. You should be a social media guru and will be the go-to source of knowledge for implementing digital content and advising, including forecasting and campaign execution.
- Manage organic social content through writing, creating, and publishing engaging posts and breaking news.
- Execute social advertising campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok working closely with the editorial, marketing and advertising teams.
- Help manage and grow our suite of social media accounts.
- Identify opportunities and growth areas of all social channels.
- Generate ideas for content geared toward distribution across social media channels and assist in production.
- Establish social scheduling tools and own the social calendars for AG.
- Ensure the tone and balance of social content is appropriate and targeted to the AG audience.
- Monitor social performance and use analytics to make informed strategic decisions.
- Monitor and meet follower and engagement KPIs for all social platforms.
- Conduct social reporting for organic and paid content across all social platforms.
- Become an expert on the competitive landscape for Australian Geographic.
- Identify emerging growth tactics and trends.
To succeed in this role, you will have the following:
- 3-4 years of experience in social media or a communications type role.
- Experience creating engaging and impactful content across all social platforms.
- Preferred Meta Business Manager experience to create sponsored ads and manage paid content.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, with a creative flair for copywriting.
- A passion for the outdoors, wildlife, science and/or nature.
- Be proactive in suggesting process improvements.
- Be nimble and willing to take on new areas of work as the team grows and its needs change.
- Eager to learn, resourceful, tech-savvy and can think creatively as you work within a fun, supportive and talented team.
- A team player who is organised and able to effectively prioritise your workload.
Why work with us:
- A varied and flexible work environment, and ongoing training and development.
- Work for a company that supports and gives back to our country via conservation, nature, and adventure.
- Opportunities to collaborate with the RACAT group family of brands (including Northern Pictures, Junkee, Punkee, and AWOL).
- Hybrid/flexible work environment.
- Central Redfern office location in a newly renovated warehouse, surrounded by great cafes and restaurants.
Send application to: [email protected]