We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement at any time, and you should check the Agreement available on our websites from time to time for that reason. We will provide notification via the Publications and by email of any substantial changes to this Agreement. If we amend this Agreement, your continued use of the Publications will constitute your acceptance of the amended Agreement terms, unless we specifically agree otherwise with you.
As a User, you are part of a community of people using the Publications. We require that all Users comply with certain standards of behaviour when using the Publications, uploading or downloading content or otherwise acting in your capacity as a User or related to the Publications. The standards required of Users are set out below.
- The Publications, to the extent applicable, are only available for your personal use and is not to be used for any business or commercial purpose. You will not use the Publications for the purpose of advertising, promoting or soliciting any goods or services, or otherwise engaging in trade or commerce.
- You must respect all Users and contributors to the Publications and not make any remarks which are illegal, defamatory or likely to offend other Users or infringe upon any third party’s rights. We reserve the right to immediately remove any content submitted by any User at any time.
- You are solely responsible for your engagement and contributions to the Publications. You must not knowingly post or transmit or permit the posting or transmission of any material, which contains a computer virus or anything else which may compromise security of the Publications or be harmful to other Users.
- Any content you submit to the Publications must be your own original work and not breach any other person’s rights. You warrant that you own all intellectual property in any such content and you authorise Scout Publishing to use such content on the Publications and for direct marketing purposes. We reserve the right to immediately remove any content that we deem at our absolute discretion to be a breach of any person’s intellectual property at any time.
- As a User you may be given the opportunity to participate in promotions or competitions hosted by Scout Publishing from time to time. These competitions will be subject to individual terms and conditions which you must accept before participating. Where a competition is run by a third party sponsor or another third party, Scout Publishing are in no way responsible for the competition and you will be subject to any separate terms and conditions provided for the promotion.
- Users must not post personal information on public or accessible parts of the Publications such as telephone numbers, addresses or other information that could be used to identify individuals. If you choose to do so it will be entirely at your own risk.
Scout Publishing’s Obligations
Scout Publishing will provide the Publications and content to you. We will facilitate an online community through the Publications by providing content, enabling Users to contribute to the Publications and offering special offers and competitions. In undertaking its role Scout Publishing will endeavour to ensure all information on the Publications provided by Scout Publishing is up to date to the best of its knowledge. However, Scout Publishing will not be liable for any incorrect or incomplete information displayed on the Publications or for any comments or information posted by Users or other third parties.
Scout Publishing may remove, vary or edit, delete, reject or remove any content which is posted by Users or third parties. The views which are expressed on the Publications are not Scout Publishing’s views and Scout Publishing accepts no liability in respect of any material posted and is not responsible for its content and accuracy.
As part of the Publications you may elect to connect with us through various social media channels such as Facebook, Google+, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. In order to connect you will be required to set up your own account with the relevant social media site and you will be subject to terms and conditions prescribed by the operators of such sites. Scout Publishing are in no way associated with or endorsed by any social media channels and is not responsible for any content posted by Users or other third parties through such sites.
Scout Publishing’s Content
Except where expressly stated otherwise we make no representations about the content and suitability for any purpose of the information contained on the Publications. It is provided “as is” without express or implied warranty of any kind. All content, including opinions, offers, statements and advice, made available through the Publications are those of their respective contributors and not of Scout Publishing, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Scout Publishing disclaims (to the full extent allowable by law), all warranties with regard to this information, including any advertisements, including all implied warranties as to merchantability, acceptable quality or fitness for purpose or use. We shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever including any special, indirect or consequential damages resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action in contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with access to the Publications or the use, reliance, unavailability, interruption or performance of information contained in it.
Notwithstanding our right to supervise activity on the Publications, we have no obligation to monitor interactivity or content uploaded on the Publications directly by Users in any way. By participating as a User, you grant to Scout Publishing a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, unrestricted world-wide licence to use, copy, sub-licence, re-distribute, adapt, transmit, publish and/or broadcast, publicly perform and display any information or material you submit or upload to the Publications. Your licence will be by reference to the material placed by you on the Publications. You expressly waive in favour of Scout Publishing and any other party authorised by Scout Publishing all moral rights and any similar rights in any jurisdiction which you may have or hereafter acquire. Scout Publishing retains the right and discretion (but not the obligation) to edit, delete, reject or remove any content or article which you post or seek to post on the Publications. You consent to Scout Publishing collecting and storing your IP address for security purposes.
You will not submit any material to the Publications that:
- is unoriginal, or in which you don’t own the copyright, or which in any way violates or infringes (or could reasonably be expected to violate or infringe) the copyright, registered trademark or intellectual property rights of another person;
- is (or could reasonably be expected to be) obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or unlawful;
- is (or could reasonably be expected to be) defamatory of any person;
- is racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability; or
- you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive.
We accept no responsibility for your use of the Publications, contributions made by you to the Publications or the actions of other Users, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Scout Publishing and its employees, officers, agents and contractors from and against all actions, proceedings, suits, claims and demands brought or made against Scout Publishing by any person arising from or in consequence of your use of the Publications, and from and against any damage, loss, cost or expense suffered or incurred by Scout Publishing as a direct or indirect consequence thereof.
The content provided on the Publications by us (whether produced by a third party, Users or otherwise) may include copyright material. All content and other information, text, images, graphics, software, applications and advertisements contained on the Publications are protected by international and Australian copyright law, and all rights are reserved. Except where expressly stated otherwise all material on the Publications is presented for your information and entertainment only, and you are not permitted to download any material except when reasonably necessary to access the Publications or to participate as a User. When you access the Publications, you agree that you do so, on the following conditions:
- a) Except as noted above, you may retrieve, review or download the material for your personal information and entertainment only.
- b) You may save a local copy of or print material from it for your own personal information or entertainment, and to inform others about it, but you may not charge any fee for any use and all commercial exploitation of any material on the Publications is expressly prohibited.
- c) Any copyright notice or mark appearing on any material on the Publications must be included on any copy you make.
- d) You must keep all material intact and in the same form as presented on the Publications; you may not modify it without the express permission of Scout Publishing.
- e) You must not use the Publications or any of the material contained in it for any purpose which is unlawful, prohibited under this Agreement, or which violates any right of Scout Publishing or any other owner of any rights in the material contained in the Publications.
The Scout Publishing logos and slogans used on the Publications are registered trademarks and may not be used without the prior specific and written permission of Scout Publishing. No other trademark appearing in the Publications may be used without the prior specific and written permission of the trademark owner.
Links, Advertisements and Third Party Websites
The Publications may contain references or links to internet sites and embedded digital content or code scripts of social or content networks operated by third parties not under our control which may be accessible through interacting with advertisements, content or through email communications. We will endeavour to ensure that all links are current but we are not responsible for the contents of any third party linked sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked sites by Scout Publishing. Any link within the Publications, which takes you to a third-party site should only be clicked on at your own risk. Scout Publishing does not: (a) endorse or in any way adopt representations made by advertisers on the Publications or any linked website, nor are any offers made by such advertisers or site operators also made by Scout Publishing; and (b) accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for accessing or use of any third party linked site or their content. Any use of linked sites will be governed by the respective terms and conditions for the site as prescribed by the relevant third party operator.
This agreement between you and Scout Publishing will be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, it shall be severed and will not affect the remainder of the agreement, which will continue in full force and effect. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
Last updated 27 April 2022